Bulk Importing a machine into vRealize Automation fails with error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”
- Bulk import of virtual machine fails
- Under Infrastructure > Monitoring tab you will see error “
Object reference not set to an instance of an object“
This issue can occur if the IP address used for the vm is already in allocated state in vRA
To resolve the issue, follow the below steps:
Note: Take a backup of the IaaS SQL database before making any changes
1. Run this command to check if your IP address is present in the IaaS database:
select * from StaticIPv4Address where IPv4Address = '<IP_Address>'
2. To mark an allocated IP address as unallocated, run the below SQL query
update StaticIPv4Address set StaticIPv4AddressState = 1 where IPv4Address = '<IP_Address>'
3. Re-import the virtual machines using bulk import